Another post of the kind..I just wanted to let you know that I am not on a sabbactical , just that I am not posting 😛 Wierd na ..well I am wierd. I have a tag and 2 awards waiting , but I have been lazy to post.
Life is moving at pace these days. I have had 6 maids in 6 months with several days when there was none. so please pray that the recent one stays forever. The cook has also gone for vacation for a month and so I am cooking dinner as well (the only meal for which I had the cook) and that hardly leaves any time for me. I hope she comes back on saturday.
Meanwhile I read 2-3 books , easy reads as always. One ofcourse was Bringing up Vasu , the first year by Parul. I had bought it some 3 months back and hardly had time to read…glad that I am finally done 🙂
Then I read 2 states by Chetan Bhagat and NameSake by Jhumpa Lahiri. Currently reading A Thousand Splendid Suns at snail pace. And I’m lovin it. I am so glad that I have finally started reading all over again.
Aryan’s school are closing from 1st April. And I am so waiting for the day , ask me why ..because I will get 30 mins of extra sleep when that happens 😀 Yeah, I am THAT kind of mom. At the same time , I feel I need to do something creative with him these 2 months and make life interesting to him. We did not plan any vacations in summers and so keeping him entertained will be a task. In-laws will be visiting in May and so he would enjoy 20 days of pampering atleast 🙂
Aur Kya …
At work , I have new work , new technology , new things to learn and its working fine atleast as of now. Keeping fingers crossed , knowing what kind of unpredictable company I am in.
And now that I have started writing , let me do the tag as well.
Trish wants me to say 7 things about me and I worry that there would not be anything that you won’t know..but let me try.
1. I want to learn swimming and driving as soon as possible.
2. I am so glad to shed off some extra weight with lot of hard work ofcourse. And I swell up every time someone compliments.
3. In 5 years of my marriage and 3.5 years of motherhood , I have started enjoying cooking and I was secretly glad about the cook’s vacation , since I would be able to try some new recipes in her absence 😛
4. I did not try cooking any new things in this one month , since I would never remember the right thing to try at right time 😛 😛
5. I have 5 different sizes of clothes in my wardrobe and I do not know what to do with them.
6. I think I am a miser , may be. I cannot buy anything because I like it. I should know what I will do with it. Like if its a painting , where would I hang it. But I like to buy soveniers from the places we visit , small little piece as memory of the trip.
7. I have a dream of decorating Aryan’s room like a full fledged kiddy room but being in rented space and being using the other room as guest room , I wonder when will I be able to do that.
Real tough it was, I tell ya!!
How DUMB is me? –picked from Pixie
The more [x]’ s the “dumber” you are.
[ ] Gum has fallen out of your mouth when you were talking
[x] Gum has fallen out of your mouth when you were NOT talking
[x] You have run into a glass/screen door
[x] You have jumped out of a moving vehicle …when I was 5..does that count ??
[x] You have thought of something funny while walking by yourself
[x] Laughed, then watched people give you weird looks
[x] You have run into a tree/bush.
[ ] You know that it IS possible to lick your elbow
[ ] You have tried to lick your elbow… a few times
[ ] You never knew that the Alphabet and Twinkle Twinkle Little star have the same rhythm.
[x] You just tried to sing them.
So far: 7
[ ] You have tripped on your shoelace and fallen.
[ ] You have choked on your own spit .
[ ] You have seen the Matrix and still don’t get it.
[ ] You’ve never seen the Matrix.
[ ] You type only with two fingers.
[ ] You have accidentally caught something on fire
[ ] You tried to drink out of a straw, but it went into your nose/eyes.
[x] You have caught yourself drooling.
[ ] You have fallen asleep in class and fell outta your chair – 50 -50 ..slept but not fallen 😀
So far: 8
[x] Sometimes you just stop thinking
[x] You are telling a story and forget what you were talking about
[ ] People often shake their heads and walk away from you
[ ] You are often told to use your “inside voice”.
[x] You use your fingers to do simple math
[ ] You have eaten a bug ***YUCK!!!***
[x] You are taking this test when you should be doing something more important ..ohh yes I should be finishing pending work before I leave for vacation 😛
[x] You have put your clothes on backwards or inside out, and didn’t realize it
[x] You’ve looked all over for something and realized it was in your hand
[x] You have run around naked in your house.
So far: 15
[ ] You repost bulletins because you are scared that what they say will happen to you if you don’t.
[x] You break a lot of things.
[ ] Your friends know not to use big words around you.
[x] You tilt your head when you’re confused
[ ] You have fallen out of your chair before
[x] When you’re lying in bed, you try to find pictures in the texture of the ceiling or wall
[x] The word “ummmmm” is used many times a day.
I am (19/37)*100 = 51.35% DUMB !
More than 50% !!!
NOW ..I already knew that and I bet many of you knew as well ..for rest ..Thats the latest news !!
Monika tagged me for the alphabet tag..
1. What is your name: Swati
2. A four Letter Word: Sure
3. A boy’s Name: Sagar
4. A girl’s Name: Sneha / Sapna / Surbhi etc etc
5. An occupation: Store Keeper
6. A color: Sky Blue
7. Something you wear: Sandals
8. A food: Sandwiches ..yeah I a big sandwich lover
9. Something found in the bathroom: Sink 😛
10. A place: Srinagar
11. A reason for being late: Sleep ..how much ever I sleep ..I never feel like getting up in the morning , esp for office 😀
12. Something you shout: Shut Up
13. A movie title: Sadma ..thats a classic ..has an ever lasting impression in my heart
14. Something you drink: Strawberry Shake ..Yumm ..I just looooove it !
15. A musical group: No music group ..Singer can be accepted right ..so ..Shubha Mudgal and Shreya Ghosal
16. An animal: Squirrels
17. A Street name: swami vivekanand marg ..Don’t ask me where is it ..Kahin toh hoga 😀
18. A type of car: Swift
19. A song title: Sathiya yeh tune kya kiya
20. A verb: Sleep ..cannot think beyond that 😛
And I tag
Do it with your kid’s names 😀
..Thank you Pixie
The Number Game :
1 -> One life to live !
2 -> No of kids I always wanted!
3 -> Number of friends I cherish from my PG!
4 -> Years of marriage!
5 -> Number of friends from hostel
6 -> Years of work!
7 -> Number of Bosses I have had !
8 -> Number of months before a new year !
9 -> Years since I have been staying away from my parents
10 -> Number of people in our team here 😛
And now the lovely awards…do I really deserve these ???
Will do the other tags soon!
Abha is such a darling ! She knows how lazy I am and so she doesnot give me anything difficult. I am being a good girl too and doing my homework right away!
This is a picture Aryan on 18th August 2006, when he was just 28 days old. I reached my mom’s place on that day after my delivery. And this is my crib , renovated all over again for Aryan’s use. Isn’t that lovely!
It was raining heavily. He sees a lady at bus stop.She was looking beautiful in that green sari. He hits the brakes, steps out in rain. He has seen her before, but when? May be when her hair were not grey. Yes it was she. His first crush, his maths teacher, in class VII.
She knocked the door ,it was open. She walked in. It was a room with paintings of a beautiful girl.She looked closely, it was her mother. The lawyer said, Mr Dsouza died two days back,he left these paintings and property in the name of his daughter. She read her name on the will.
Interesting tag , isn’t it ?
imp’s mom tagged me for this lovely list of questions and here I go :
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
No..But I was planning few months ahead..so did not really matter
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Surprised but Happy !
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
8. DUE DATE?
28th July 2006
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yeah , morning evening afternoon 😀
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Ice creams and sweets but no choco
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Intense smell, especially smell of ghee
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
I wished, because hubby was longing for a girl baby but my intutions always said it will be boy. I wanted hubby’s wish to come true though.
14. HOW MANY POUNDS/KGS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
20 kgs :O And I am still struggling to loose most of it 😛
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yeah..My office guys planned for it , we do not have traditional ones
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I kind of knew since we did it for someone else too some time back so I was kind of expecting reciprocation , but then I did not expect all what they did. A room was decorated with baloons , blue and pink. Some games and snacks and a gift for the baby. Sweet way to send someone off to maternity ..I had wet eyes.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Yeah ..placenta was low line
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
16 hours , Read my birthstory here.
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER?
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Hubby , MIL and ofcourse the hospital staff
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
21st July 2006
26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?
I was totally blank ..did not feel anything for an hour , just could not believe it was all over pregnancy and labour as well 🙂
27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
Read no. 26 , I just gave a customary kiss on his forehead but had no feelings until after one hour when I took him in my lap for feeding
28. DID YOU CRY?
Yes , when I first took him in my lap to feed him..I came back to senses then only
29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
2 years 8 months almost
His new born pic :
Anyone who has not done it ..please feel free to pick this up!
Many of my friends tagged me during my busy month at work and also during my vacation and I do not remember who all 😛 But I will search and find out , after all I have all of you on my reader. Mean while let me do the latest one , before I forget. And this one is easy for I need to talk about me 🙂
Now thats a good question, Life Begins !
A day when I get up early (but not so early , early means earlier than Aryan !) and enjoy a cup of tea with husband (ofcourse will have to hide his news paper !) in the balcony!
A day when I can finish my daily chores after the relaxed tea , before Aryan gets up!
A day when we can all get ready and go for an outing and the weather is just so perfect for an outing under the sun!
A day when we play under the sun and see aryan giggling !
A day when we get home late afternoon after lunch and I can cuddle with hubby to see a movie , as the tired Aryan sleeps next to us!
A day when I cuddle with Aryan while Anupam watches TV in late evening!
A day when I cook something different but Yummy for dinner !
A day when Aryan sleeps before we doze off 😉
Can there be such a day ???
A day with just smiles and happiness for two most important people in my life !
And ofcourse you know , that THE DAY cannot be a week day 🙂
Thanks to K3 and Emaan’s mom, I was tagged twice to write Aryan’s quirks but then I thought let me write Aryan’s and mine. Now you can decide whether I am more quirky or Aryan.
These are the rules:
1.Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog (here they are!)
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours…
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I keep checking my mailbox for new comments every 15 minutes.
2. I cannot leave a mail unread, whatever it may be.
3. When I eat . I clean my plate till the last grain.
4. I drink water after having hot milk,after sweets and after fruits but never after ice creams.
5. I cannot buy a foot wear easily. It has to be super duper comfortable.
6. I can sleep any time and anywhere.
1. He cannot see Mummy or papa barefoot. He runs to get slippers for us. Yesterday he woke up at midnight due to cough. So while he was awake, he started crying because I was standing barefoot 😛 .
2. He feels that the cook needs all the vessels in the house for cooking and keep giving him one after the other.
3. He thinks that only Nanu(My father) calls me on my phone , so if its my phone , he needs to talk to Nanu.
4. He loves his shoes and so if you wish to remove his pants , do it without removing the shoes.
5. If Mumma opens the window in the car , papa should follow and vice versa. And why can the AC be not on , with glasses down.
6. He calls me papa at times.
And I tag Prisha and her mom, Kuttan and his mom and Rishab and his mom. Do it as you like it , as 2 tags or as 1.
P.S : Aryan’s quirks will be replicated on his blog as well for record, but not as a tag.
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- 114,030 have dropped by!
You loved to Read These
Food Blog for kids
Search this blog
All That I Wrote
- January 2017 (2)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (2)
- September 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (7)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- November 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (6)
- July 2011 (12)
- June 2011 (13)
- May 2011 (8)
- April 2011 (3)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (5)
- December 2010 (1)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (2)
- August 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (4)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (7)
- March 2010 (8)
- February 2010 (11)
- January 2010 (8)
- December 2009 (2)
- November 2009 (3)
- October 2009 (4)
- September 2009 (6)
- August 2009 (6)
- July 2009 (4)
- June 2009 (5)
- May 2009 (10)
- April 2009 (8)
- March 2009 (9)
- February 2009 (3)
- January 2009 (4)
- December 2008 (3)
- November 2008 (3)
- October 2008 (4)
- September 2008 (5)
- August 2008 (9)
- July 2008 (10)
- June 2008 (10)
- May 2008 (23)
- April 2008 (16)
- March 2008 (16)
- February 2008 (10)
- January 2008 (11)
- December 2007 (6)
- November 2007 (4)
- October 2007 (13)
- September 2007 (15)
- August 2007 (13)
- July 2007 (17)
- June 2007 (9)
- May 2007 (14)
- April 2007 (3)
- March 2007 (2)
- Aryan ka Baby
- Bangalore Bomb Blasts
- Blog Designs
- Blogger Meet
- Chokhi Dhani
- Comfort Zone
- Day Care
- Day Out
- Education Pressure
- Eve teasing
- Fun Stuff
- Independence Day
- Just Like That
- Language Confusion
- Mango Mist
- Mothers Day
- News channels
- Potty Training
- Reality show
- Sunday scribbling
- Talks about Aryan
- Thursday Challenge
- What do you do when