..is a meme that is being shared on whatsapp these days and it reminded me of my 2016 wish list. Did I waste 10 months or can I count a few achievements…
1. Patience improved..but I still have days when people tell me that I may have high BP.
2. Get more organised..no luck there 😦 Started well but lost the zeal somewhere in Q2.
3. Drinking more water than last year for sure.
4. On a strict exercise regime.. loosing weight slowly and steadily. Long way to go. And more determination needed.
5. Learn a professional skill..I did get a professional certification. Intended to learn something else too..more determination needed.
6. Start baking…nay.. not even tried..tried my hand in salads though.
7. Do things that give me pleasure , like blogging and reading…Blogging in apps is slightly inconvenient . Bought a kindle for self recently and read a few books , may not be 1 per month but will make up. Learnt to swim…a childhood dream ! And that really gives me pleasure!!
Did I do well? Not really, but sort off?
Edited to add: I am not sure why the date is shown as 29jan
Which one do you prefer and why ?
I prefer blogging perhaps. Especially when it comes to expressing your thoughts or ranting. And when it comes to expressing your experiences with parenthood , both positive and negative.
Some might say that with FB it is instant and it reaches all the people that we know. Also because its selective and you know who is reading it.
But that’s precisely why I do not like it. Because they know you , they judge you.
For eg. why did you posted that shayari on your status , that was very romantic, does that mean you have someone in your life ..hmmmm…
I might have posted that for it is beautifully expressed.
I prefer blogging because its anonymous. My blog pals don’t bump into me during my work day and comment on my random blog posts in front of five other people.
Another issue with fb these days is that you get friend request from everyone you know and accepting those is sometimes an obligation else you may be considered rude or unfriendly and you may offend people. And it is tedious to maintain various layers of privacy settings.
- Have more patience at least with my young ones.
- Drink lots of water
- Loose LOTS of weight
- Become more organized – Prepare for weekdays on weekends , make weekly menu etc.
- Learn a new professional skill and work on a professional goal
- Start baking
- Do things that give me pleasure like reading and blogging. May be 1 book per month and 1 post per week
- DO ALL THE ABOVE