Thought of posting it on Healthy and Tasty , but then I am not sure if it qualify as a recipe. Potato cutlets in various shapes for the prince of the house.
Aryan first look was of surprise. Second he tried pasting them to sky. Third he took a few bites 🙂 Worth the effort..what do you say ?
Yesterday one of my friend asked me for ideas to celebrate her first anniversary and gifts for her husband. I was clueless. Then she said , to share the ways I have celebrated my anniversaries.
So I told her that I do silly things and I don’t really know what to gift him when. I always believed in greeting cards and buy the most apt ones for all occasions. And she requested me to share those silly things. And here I go. Though I don’t really remember , what I did for anniversary ,what for his birthday and what for valentines day , I will share all.
Once , I remember that I was expecting and was adviced bed rest. It was his birthday and I tried hard for a week to order a cake , but could order just a bouque. So I ordered the bouque a day in advance and hid it in balcony. Got up before midnight , prepared his favourite halwa and decorated a heart on it with cashews. Decorated a table , with halwa , flowers and candles and woke him up at 12.00.
Once I ordered dinner and served it on terrace , candle light ofcourse.
Once I got a plane cake and did the icing at home and surprised him 🙂
Once I sent him perfumes and shirt on office address, on the D day.
Once I gifted him a personalized calender with pics of Aryan.
AND LAST but NOT THE LEAST :
Once, I got up at midnight, took a RED polythene bag and cut out hearts from it , wrote love quotes and pasted it all over the house (mirror,fridge,bathroom ad where ever he would notice). This was accompanied by some heart shaped ballons as well. He was thrilled to see all that next morning.
So thats about it. Its all for you J. And for you Mama-Mia , since you asked me to share my surprise stories 🙂
Thank you for helping me record these memories 🙂
Editted to add : Just thought of making this a tag , and I tag ~nm,WIAN,Life Begins,Poppins and DDMom. Share you surprise stories 🙂
21st June, 2008 , 9.00 AM
Scene : A mother, a father and a kid at home. The kid just woke up and having milk.Father is lost in news paper , while mother is busy looking at the child.
Mother : “Today is 21st, Aryan is 11 months today. It will be his birthday next month.”
Father : “Ohh yaa, Next month will be his birthday. Lets buy him a new toy today , to celebrate monthesary.”
Mother : “Okay”
Mother : “Ohh No..Its not 11 months , it will be his 2nd Birthday next month, he is 23 months old today.”
Father : “hahhaha”
Mother : “2 years , time really flies”
P.S. : I am weak in maths , but believe me it was not about maths.
I read this article in Times Magzine today. Let me write the key points :
1. Studies show that people who sleep between 6.5 hr. and 7.5 hr. a night, as they report, live the longest.
2. People who sleep 8 hr. or more, or less than 6.5 hr., they don’t live quite as long.
3. Morbidity [or sickness] is also “U-shaped” in the sense that both very short sleep and very long sleep are associated with many illnesses with depression, with obesity—and therefore with heart disease and so forth.
4. We can prevent a lot of insomnia and distress just by telling people that short sleep is O.K.
5. Spending less time in bed actually makes sleep better.
I am going to live less than normal…for any amount of sleep doesnot satisfy me 🙂
Do read the full article ..its interesting 🙂
Life is busy at office these days , so hardly getting time to read and write 😦 The home PC was also unwell , resumed to life yesterday evening. Didnot even replied to so many comments and mails. Sorry ladies and Gentlemen 😦
Whats the post about ..just some updates and rants 🙂
Weekend was just the usual , with a trip to a mall , buying of veggies , slight back ace , a few fights , cooking favourite dishes, one dine out and playing with Aryan.
Aryan is suffering from cough and cold. I just cannot see him coughing. Blame the weather 😦
These days I get head ache too often, need to discover the reason. Plus my weight is increasing exponentially and trust me I try a lot to control my taste buds. I should try and figure out if all is right with the system. Also , should plan some workout. I am too reluctant for this one except for a 15 mins walk everyday , I don’t really do anything 😦
I need to study as well. Thats one of my oraganizational goal to complete a certification. This is a reminder to myself 🙂
My dilemma for day care / preschool / school and house continues. The current house doesnot suit me. I hate the distance from office and plus the stairs indoors. We should shift. But then we do not know where . Aryan’s day care doesnot have a preschool. So we need a preschool , but our concious doesnot allow us for letting Aryan travel from preschool to day care, he is too small. But at the same time we lack guts to shift his day care. Somehow we trust that place plus Aryan is settled. So these questions are at the back of mind 24/7.
Thats it for the day. Will write more when I have lesser work and more time 🙂
… He orders you to keep quiet (by crying or shouting) , as you are humming a song / lullababy to him(NOW , you know how bad I sing).
…He refuses to give / accept a kiss.
1. How to make him WALK, when we go out? Whenever we go out , he wants to be carried. Carried and that too , only by Mumma. I figured out that he gets scared on road by vehicles , but then he refuses to walk in Malls and supermarkets as well. If you want him to walk , it has to be a open and peaceful place , like a park 😦 Outings have become a pain for me due to this reason. I wish to go out and take him out over the weekends and end up with a frown and bad back ache.
2. How to form his potty habit ? The doctor , the MIL and the husband insist on making him do potty after morning milk. But he refuses to sit.
3. How to avoid the language confusion ? I did post on this long ago and the problem persists.
4. How to save my skin. Aryan bites and hits me at the smallest disagreement.
5. How to make him a bit less sensitive and a bit more social.He cries at the drop of a hat and takes a hell lot of time to mingle with people.