I read this article in Times Magzine today. Let me write the key points :
1. Studies show that people who sleep between 6.5 hr. and 7.5 hr. a night, as they report, live the longest.
2. People who sleep 8 hr. or more, or less than 6.5 hr., they don’t live quite as long.
3. Morbidity [or sickness] is also “U-shaped” in the sense that both very short sleep and very long sleep are associated with many illnesses with depression, with obesity—and therefore with heart disease and so forth.
4. We can prevent a lot of insomnia and distress just by telling people that short sleep is O.K.
5. Spending less time in bed actually makes sleep better.
I am going to live less than normal…for any amount of sleep doesnot satisfy me 🙂
Do read the full article ..its interesting 🙂